Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mexican Brownies

Let's Celebrate!

Cinco de Mayo is this Saturday and I have quite the round up of Mexican Recipes planned for you!

But first, I'll treat you to what is the best brownie I've ever tasted! Have you ever had a Mexican Brownie? I've always heard great things, and when I researched how to make them, I read even more great things! I tried my first Mexican Brownie this afternoon when I got the urge to make them. The warm flavors of cinnamon & cloves and the heat of cayenne melt together so perfectly with the almonds it's hard to put it in words!

Because it was spur of the moment, I didn't have much on hand so I used what I had in my fridge and pantry and to my surprise it worked out beautifully.

Enjoy!

Mexican Brownies
makes 9 brownies
6 oz of almond Hershey Kisses (a little more than 1/2 a bag)
6 tablespoons butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
pinch of ground cloves
1 teaspoon almond extract
salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8in pan.

In a double boiler, melt Hershey Kisses and butter. Once smooth and creamy, remove from heat, whisk in the sugars, and let cool on your counter for 5 minutes. . Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing each in well. Add in your almond extract. Stir in flour, spices, and salt.

Pour in your baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. Your brownies are ready when a knife comes out clean. (It's ok for some pieces to come out on the knife. Be careful not to overbake!)

6 comments:

Sue/the view from great island said...

These look so moist and delicious!

Laura Jeanne said...

Sabrina, I LOOOOOVE these. MExican chocolate combinations are my favorite and I drink mexican hot chocolate all winter long so I am sure this would go excellently with my sweet fix.
Beautifully done.

Slice of Southern said...

I popped over from Tasty Kitchen. Love your mexican brownies! YUM! I'm having a linky party and would love you to bring this great recipe! Southern Sundays - www.asliceofsouthern.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there!

Julia @The Roasted Root said...

Definitely making these for cinco de mayo dessert! They look rich with great unique flavor!

Mary said...

These sound amazing. I love the heat with the chocolate. I need to make some Mexican Brownies myself now! Thanks for the idea.

Happy When Not Hungry said...

These brownies look delicious! Love the cayenne in there too. Yum!

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie