Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cinco de Mayo Recipes!

Who doesn't LOVE Mexican cuisine??!!

I mean nachos, tacos, fajitas, margaritas....
I could go on forever!

Cinco de Mayo is this Saturday and I've found 
9 FANTASTIC recipes from some of my favorite blogs (and yours truly) 
 for you to throw the perfect Fiesta!!! 


1. Skinny Beer-garitas from Eat Yourself Skinny
Start yourself off with something so delicious, refreshing, and guilt free!! Feel free to have five a couple of these without even worrying about the calories! How amazing is that?? Now you can save them up for the other yummy fiesta foods I have here!

2. Watermelon Salsa from eat.drink.and be merry.
This recipe is so fun and colorful! I have made it on several occasions and it's always a favorite. Annddd you can have fun using up the leftovers (if there are any!) You can use it over some grilled chicken, mixed in with rice and beans, or on fish tacos! oh fish tacos!

3. Beef, Pork, & Potato Empanadas with Cilantro Cream from amypersonally
 These mini pies are stuffed with potatoes, ground beef and pork, and a boat load of Mexican spices and flavors! Paired with her Cilantro Cream, these have to be heavenly!

4. Bacon & Gorgonzola Guacamole from *Simply Scratch*
Of the many kinds of guacamoles out there I could not resist passing by this one! Bacon annnnd gorgonzola!! Only 2 of my favorite things on the entire planet!! This is just another must try from Laurie that I have on my to make list!

5. Steak Fajitas with Cilantro Lime Yogurt from eat.drink.and be merry.
You will love this healthy version of steak fajitas! I slice up my seasoned flank steak with lots of peppers and onions and I top it off with my yummy cilantro lime yogurt cheese and bundle it all up in a whole wheat wrap!

6. Summer Sangria from My Life as a Mrs.
Although this really is a Spanish recipe I threw it in here for two reasons! 1. Tina makes a FABULOUS sangria and her photos are breathtaking and 2. No party is complete without sangria!

7. Mexican Brownies from eat.drink.and be merry.
You have to try Mexican Brownies or just Mexican chocolate for that matter! There is something so distinct about the flavors here it is so hard to describe it! They are warm and spicy and kind of remind me of Christmas! How comforting is that??!! Next on the list is Mexican Hot Chocolate! I'll keep you posted!!!

8. Cowboy Nachos from The Pioneer Woman
Of course these are amazing, they come from a true cowgirl who knows how to feed a cowboy! Instead of ground beef, Ree uses her leftover beef brisket, baked beans, and fresh pico de gallo! and she layers the ingredients with tortilla chips just like a lasagna and broils them until the cheese is all melty and gooey!

9. Chorizo con Queso from A Zesty Bite
Being Portuguese, I am a huge chorizo fan. So when I saw this recipe I got insanely excited! Anything made with chorizo is amazing! nuff said!

Adios mis amigos! I hope you enjoyed this round up! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

4 comments:

Val said...

Looks like perfection!!!

Tiffany said...

Totally digging the round up! :D

Peggy said...

definitely going to have to try Kelly's Beer-garita! Sounds so good right now =)

Andrea said...

I love Mexican and all of those recipes look scrumptious.

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie