Thursday, November 3, 2011

Harvest Pizza

 I am so excited to share this with you! 1. Because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,  pizza! and 2. Because I LOOOOVE the fall and it's yummy flavors! 

This pizza soared above my expectations! I love the sweetness of the roasted butternut squash and candied bacon, with the tangy ricotta and goat cheese spread and the crispy kale. It was also amazingly simple and fast because I used naan bread as my crust ( a great tip I got from my mom) but you are welcome to use a homemade version. I think this would be great on a whole wheat crust too!  

Harvest Pizza
recipe by Sabrina W. for eat.drink.and be merry.
serves 2-4, makes 2 individual size pizzas
1 package naan bread (2 breads in 1 package)
2 cups butternut squash, cubed
1/2 of a medium onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cup chopped kale
1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 cups crumbled goat cheese
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
black pepper
salt
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 strips bacon

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Arrange butternut squash and sliced onion on sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes or until the squash is fork tender and onions are caramelized.

Mix the 2 tablespoons maple syrup with brown sugar. Lay strips of bacon on greased sheet pan and drizzle with sugar-syrup mixture. Bake alongside vegetable pan  for 10 minutes or until crispy.

Mix ricotta cheese with goat cheese, nutmeg, and sage. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place naan breads on a large sheet pan and spread cheese mixture evenly between the two breads. Add chopped kale.

Remove bacon strips from the pan and set aside to cool. Break up strips into crumbles. Place roasted squash and onions on top of kale. Drizzle pizzas with olive oil, making sure to lightly hit the kale so it doesn't burn too much. Top with bacon crumbles and bake at 350 degrees for  10 minutes.





25 comments:

Christine's Pantry said...

This looks so good. Can't go wrong with pizza.

Emily @ Life on Food said...

This looks delicious! I like that is smaller portioned...no sharing.

Sue/the view from great island said...

The flavors in this sound over the top. When I first saw the picture I thought, I have to get that crust recipe, and then I read that it was packaged naan bread. That seals the deal. I'm making this.

Collette Osuna said...

Im a pizza lover too...and a vegetarian....this looks sooo awesome to me....great fall veggies to make a little food masterpiece out of:)

Enter my Icelandic Design Knit Hat Giveaway!!

Sabrina-eat.drink.and be merry. said...

no you wont want to share this one!!! and the naan crusts are sooo convenient!

Thanks for your sweet comments!! :)

mjskit said...

Definitely a keeper! I love the idea of the using naan and then all of the other ingredients - YUM!

Vicki Bensinger said...

Wow this sounds outstanding! I love all the flavors and your marinade or syrup for the veggie. It really is an autumn pizza. I can't wait to try this.

Yasmeen said...

Naan crust! How convenient. I to LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza and these flavors. Sounds great for a weeknight dinner date with my pizza-loving boyfriend :)

His parents actually have a woodfire pizza oven on their farm... might be a great recipe to try out in the big oven!

Sabrina-eat.drink.and be merry. said...

That sounds perfect Yasmeen! Enjoy!!!

Winnie said...

This looks amazing! I have not tried using naan as a pizza base yet, but will be doing so really soon. Love these toppings, too!

Kels @ K and K Test Kitchen said...

This pizza looks beyond delicious. My boyfriend insists on pizza once a week, so next week, he will be getting this

Ana Rita said...

Hi Sabrina,
Such a nice pizza you show us today!!!Lots of flavour on it...

Kisses,
Rita

Cassie//Bake Your Day said...

Oh my goodness, Sabrina! This has all of my fall favorites! It sounds delicious. I love pizza too but I think I love butternut squash and kale even more, yum!

Ranjani said...

This looks SO delicious!

Sandra said...

Wow, what a great looking pizza...and I do love love love both:)) Nice photos, and awesome recipe!!!

Inside a British Mum's Kitchen said...

This is a beautiful pizza! lovely ingredients and very creative - lovely post!
Mary x

Elyse @The Cultural Dish said...

Oh this is a keeper! The flavors and your crust just sound and look absolutely perfect! Great dinner to have!

easyfoodsmith said...

Sure looks good and love the idea of using the naan bread!

Kimberly (Badger Girl) said...

Yum! You have all of my faves- including Naan- in one place. Great recipe! :)

Gloria said...

look absolutely nice Sabrina, gloria

Lizzy said...

Squash and bacon go so well together...and I love, love pizza, too!!! Excellent dish~

Kim Bee said...

This is a really beautiful pizza. I am so impressed with this one. We eat pizza multiple times a week.

Laurie {Simply Scratch} said...

Love all the toppings!! What a delicious pizza!!

Unknown said...

Using Naan is genius! Especially for me since I live alone, I can always use help with the portion control. Haha and that cheese looks crazy good.

Verena&Rick said...

sounds divine! Question: Where in the world do you girls buy your naan???? I am looking high and low for it since we moved from overseas to the US. Love your blog!!!

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie