Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sweet Corn, Tomato, and Basil Salad and a New Look!


If you haven't noticed already.....Eat, Drink, and be Merry has gotten a pretty sweet makeover!! A big THANK YOU to Jamie from Designs by Jamie for working with me and revamping my blog! She was absolutely wonderful to work with and got my new design up in no time! 

This fresh summer side dish is super simple to throw together. I got this idea from my mom, who adds pasta and balsamic vinaigrette to make a nice pasta salad. You could also throw in some diced jalapeno and some red onion to make this a salsa!

Sweet Corn, Tomato, and Basil Salad
recipe by Sabrina W. for eat.drink.and be merry.
yields 4 servings
8 ears of corn
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
3 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
1/2 one lime, juiced
sea salt

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and boil ears of corn for 10 minutes. Remove with tongs and set aside on a plate to cool off.

While corn is cooling, slice grape tomatoes in half and chop your basil.

Carefully slice the corn off of their cobs into a large bowl. Toss with tomatoes and basil, and lime juice. Enjoy! 
   

22 comments:

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Stunning blog you got here! Lovely recipe, gorgeous pics, nice writeups...what a great space!
Now, your newest follower...hope you will follow me back:)
Have a great week!

ThisMamaThing said...

Oh my goodness, the new design looks amazing! It feels light, cheery, vibrant, like many of the recipes you share. Love the simplicity of this salad. Super-tasty!

Muriel Miller said...

Love the new design and this pasta looks delicious!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking colourful salad
lovely new look and design

Lindselicious said...

Love the new look! And I love this salad. I really need to get my act together and need to pick up some summer corn. This looks amazing.

Aarthi said...

Hai Dear

This looks yummy....you have a lovely blog...Please check out my blog..It is for food lovers and person who love to cook..You could find so many recipes that you can easily try at home..I update this blog on a regular basis…So please follow me and motivate me..Thank you
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com

Aarthi

Medeja said...

Somehow I like combination of tomato and corn :)

Val said...

Let me tell you that your new blog design is AWESOME!!! Wow, I love it. Great recipe...Perfect for Summer!

Erin said...

What a great salad, sounds perfect for the summer produce! I love the new look of your blog, looks so pretty and wonderful!

Gloria said...

look wonderful and georgeous!! gloria

Heather said...

Love the new look! This salad looks simple and sweet.

marina {Yummy Mummy} said...

WOW your blog looks fantastic! Great job! And this corn salad looks delicious. Perfect for summer. xo

Angie's Recipes said...

Love the new look.
A very fresh and summery salad!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful blog!This corn salad sounds fabulous!

Chelsea said...

Your blog looks fabulous! I love the background!

And this recipe... so yummy. Perfect for all the fresh basil growing in my window sill and the corn I picked up from the market :)

Tastemonials said...

I make this, but I don't bother to cook the corn. When it's fresh from the field, it's perfect even raw. We're having a similar concoction on arugula for a salad tonight.

Parsley Sage said...

Great new look and a great summer recipe! Well done :)

Krissa said...

This sounds delicious and perfect for summer!

Emily @ eat.drink.run. said...

corn and tomatoes are the best combination! especially when they're made with fresh veggies in the summer! looks great.

Susan Lindquist said...

Pretty salad and pretty blog! My, aren't you just spiffy! Love the freshness and simplicity of the salad! perfect summertime fare alongside some roasted or grilled chicken!

Hester aka The Chef Doc said...

Whoo! I love the new look! And i love this salad. I've made it before and just adore all the flavors. The sweet, the crunchy, the savory... it rocks! Hope you've made it for the holiday weekend :-)

Lizzy said...

I consider this the ultimate summer salad...it looks amazing! And I love your blog's new look, too~

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie