Monday, April 11, 2011

Blood Orange Spritzer

A couple weekends ago I celebrated my 26th birthday. I really just wanted a mellow day relaxing with Eric. We went out for breakfast at one of my favorite restaurants, did some shopping, and stopped at our local fish market to pick up some fresh scallops for dinner. (Recipe coming soon!) We were going to go out for dinner but sometimes its just nice to stay in, so that's what we did!

To further celebrate, I thought I would mix up a refreshing drink using the giant bottle of orange vodka I have. (It was double the size for only a $1 more!) Unfortunately I could not find Blood Oranges so I had to use regular ones, but the blood orange sparkling water I found kind of made up for them.


Blood Orange Spritzer
recipe by Sabrina W. for eat.drink.and be merry
yields 2 servings
3 shots orange vodka (I used Three Olives RangTang)
2 cups blood orange sparkling water
1 large orange or 2 blood oranges
ice cubes

Pour ice in two tall glasses. Add 1 1/2 shot of vodka in each glass. Pour in 1 cup of sparkling water in each glass. Slice orange(s) in half. Juice 1 half in glasses and slice the other half of the orange. Stir and add orange slices.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

The White Farmhouse said...

Love Blood Oranges and this sounds yummy! Happy Birthday to you! I hope it was as wonderful as you are!

Kim Kelly said...

While I'm not much of a Vodka fan most of my girlfriends are. When we have summer family gatherings I frequently make them vodka drinks. This one is going on my list!!!

Our Eyes Eat First said...

lovely! as the weather is warming up this is a perfect drink to celebrate with!

Gina said...

Dang, I wish I had one of these right now! I think we can still get blood oranges here. Happy Monday.
-Gina-

Becky said...

Happy birthday! This drink is gorgeous. I have used white wine with blood orange sparkling water, to make a sparkling wine spritzer, if you don't like vodka!

Cook in a Bar said...

Happy Belated Birthday! That drink looks delicious!

Elyse said...

This looks like such a refreshing cocktail! I have never had one of these... I'll be trying it out now though! Happy birthday by the way, hope you had a great night!

Kimberly said...

First off Happy Birthday, second of all, thanks for sharing, that is gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! I made a blood orange spritzer recently with Aperol and Prosecco. I can't wait to try it with the blood orange sparkling water!

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie