Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wilted Spinach Salad with Chicken Sausage & White Beans


I love warm salads and they are nice and light when your craving a warm and hearty meal in the cold winter months. Wednesday night dinners are always a challenge for me. I do yoga at the gym from 6:30 till 8 and I don't get home till around 8:15. I absolutely love going to class and am so lucky to find such a great instructor, but it happens to fall at the worst time. I can't eat dinner before for obvious reasons, and when I get home its pretty late to eat (for me anyways) so I want something quick and light. This salad is the perfect dinner for my yoga nights.

There is really not much to this salad, but adding the sausage and beans fills you up. I love how all the flavors marry together. I ended up having extra of the sausage and bean mixture so I ended up mixing it with spinach and a whole grain rice and quinoa mix. I then stuffed it into peppers and baked it tonight for dinner. The stuffed peppers came out wonderful. Unfortunately, we ate them all before I was able to photo them so I won't be able to post them until make the recipe again.

Wilted Spinach Salad with Chicken Sauage & White Beans
recipe by Sabrina W. for eat.drink.and be merry.
yields 4 servings
1 bag baby spinach
4 chicken sausages, any flavor, sliced ( I used sun-dried tomato)
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes with oil (chopped)
1/8 cup white wine
1/2 carton (about 6) of whole baby bella mushrooms, quarted
2 shallots, sliced
1 15oz can white beans, rinsed
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, plus more for garnish
pepper
1 teaspoon all purpose seasonings
olive oil

In a large skillet, drizzle pan with olive oil and heat on med heat.  Add shallots and mushrooms and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with all purpose seasoning. Add sausage and brown for another 5 minutes. Add sundried tomatoes and stir. Raise heat to med hi and pour in white wine. With a wooden spoon, mix together and scrap up bits from bottom of the pan. Lower heat and add beans, basil, and goat cheese. Carefully stir together and set aside. In another skillet, heat a teaspoon of olive oil on med heat and saute spinach for 2 to 3 minutes. You only want to slightly wilt the spinach, not completely cook it. Top spinach with sausage mixture and sprinkle on more goat cheese.




click here for a printable version of this recipe

6 comments:

Chris's Gourmet Fashion said...

I'm not normally a fan of any type of sausage but this looks like a really apertizing dish. Your presentation is lovely!

Duxa said...

What a great salad, really sound delicious!
Have a nice day:)

Ana Rita said...

Huuummmm..
Looks and sounds delicious....
I love sausages so it's a great recipe for my kitchen...

Kisses,
Rita

Our Eyes Eat First said...

love shallots and im sure the combo of that with the spinach was yum - great recipe!

IamGlorioso said...

Sabrina! These are awesome. If I cooked, I'd totally make all of them. You should put the stuffed mushrooms you made on Xmas Eve here. Those were sensational.

Sabrina said...

thanks Bruno! glad u liked the mushrooms! your blog is sweet!!! that must take a lot of work and research (well it would for me anyways!)

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie