Thursday, February 3, 2011

Peppered Turkey Panini with Apples, Brie, & Peach Preserves

I love warm and toasty sandwiches, especially in the winter, so I decided to make this panini with some of my favorite ingredients. It was so easy to make and you don't have to have a panini maker. I used my cast iron grill pan and used my other cast iron pan to press it down.  It came out perfect and was ready in 10 minutes! I served it with my Baked Spicy & Smoky Sweet Potato Fries.


Peppered Turkey Panini's with Apples, Brie, & Peach Preserves
recipe by Sabrina W. for eat.drink.and be merry.
yields 2 sandwiches
1 small loaf ciabatta bread
1/4 lb peppered turkey
1/2 of a green apple, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons peach preserves
4 1/2in strips of brie, from a wedge
olive oil


Spray your panini maker or grill pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.  Half ciabatta loaf and then slice each half lengthwise.  Lightly drizzle the outside of the tops and bottoms of the ciabatta bread.  Top each bottom half with 1 1/2 tablespoons peach preserves.  Top each sandwich evenly with turkey, then apple slices, then brie and ciabatta top. Carefully lay sandwiches in grill pan and press firmly with another heavy pan for 2 minutes or until nice grill marks form and cheese begins to melt.  Flip each sandwich and press again with pan for another 2 minutes. Remove and place on a cutting board.  Slice crosswise. e.d.bm! :)




9 comments:

The White Farmhouse said...

OMG! I came here looking for your White Chocolate Almond Cake and found this. You keep on cooking like this and I will follow you anywhere! I have been pouting that I needed a panini maker for the longest. I like your idea though. What a great idea! I need another gadget like I need a hole in my head!

Thanks for visiting and commenting! I love that cake also. I definitely will be coming back here. Especially if you have sweet potato fries coming soon!

Mary said...

This is a really lovely sandwich. I love the ingredients you've paired here and you photo is wonderful. I hope you have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

homestyleworldcook said...

pretty sandwich- I would not have thought to combine those flavors. Great idea!

Leslie said...

What a perfect little sandwich. full of flavors

Kay Heritage said...

I'm always looking for good sandwich ideas for my church family and this looks fantastic! Thank you.

Elisabeth said...

I love paninis and I have a great panini maker that just sits on the shelf. I have not been very creative to make anything other than the hum drum boring ones...your panini is fantastic with the combination of the apple slices and brie.
Wow! I just love it...yumm!

Miranda said...

This sounds like a great sandwich. My husband and I were just saying that I need to start putting our panini maker to use again. I'll star this recipe in the "make" pile for when I do. Thanks!

briarrose said...

Wonderful combination of flavors. I like to use pears on sandwiches to give it a little something...I will have to try apples.

akitchenmuse said...

I just bought a panini maker and was looking for recipes! This is definitely tomorrow night's dinner!

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie