Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini

Seeing that I recently added Godiva chocolate liqueur to my liquor cabinet, I thought it would only be appropriate to put it to another good use! PLUS, I thought a small celebration was in order for all the good that has come into my life the last few days.


To start off I am most thankful for my wonderful husband and for one of the best Valentine's Day we've shared. Eric sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers at work and made reservations to one of my favorite Italian restaurants! He really knows how to make me feel special!


Second...I am thrilled and honored that my Punch Drunk Love Cake made foodbuzz's Top 9 today! When I logged onto my blog early this morning and saw the GIANT jump in pageviews, I said to myself...something has happened. When I signed onto to foodbuzz, I yelled Eric's name so loud that I am sure I gave him a near heart attack. He rushed out of the shower with a bloody nose and hand full of tissues (...bad timing...:/) to see what I was yelling about! A sight that is somewhat funny now, not so much earlier today! You see, I haven't been blogging all that long, so this is pretty exciting for me! I was so upset the other day that my cake didn't come out the way I envisioned that I almost gave up on it completely and didn't post it. 


So CHEERS to the little things that bring us great joy!


Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini
recipe by Sabrina W. for eat.drink.and be merry.
yields 2
2 oz vanilla vodka
3 oz chocolate liqueur
1/2 cup frozen strawberries, (about 5 or 6 whole) thawed
1 cup half & half


Puree thawed strawberries with their juices in a small food processor. Combine all ingredients in a shaker and pour into martini glasses. e.drink.bm:) ! 




click here for a printable version of this recipe

9 comments:

Beloved Green said...

This looks divine. Chocolate and vodka, I feel like it should be Friday night out instead of midweek.

Ana Rita said...

I could drink one...Chocolate and strawberry are so good together, then you joined the vodka, it´s prefect!!!

Kiss,
Rita

The White Farmhouse said...

Mmmmm.... I am going to have to try this. Congrats on your cake recipe! That is exciting news! Keep on cooking!

jsimoes said...

Looks divine. I'll take one of those Martinis please and tip my glass to you Sabrina! CHEERS!!!

thecountrycook said...

This is SUCH a great idea. It sounds so good. And your punch, drunk, love cake - wonderful!!
I'm your newest follower :o)
Brandie

ravienomnoms said...

Congrats again on the Top 9! That is so amazing, nice job.

This cocktail looks really really great! I have been in a martini kick this year, especially the dessert ones hehe :-)

dana said...

I'll take two please! :)

Tiffany said...

I'm with friends in NYC and think that we'll be drinking this martini tonight! Thanks for sharing!

Kim Kelly said...

I have never actually had the Godiva liquor... this looks so good though! And the strawberry on the side is the perfect complement!

That cake SO deserved to be in the Top 9! Well done!!

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie