Friday, February 25, 2011

Bananas Foster Blondies and Another Award!!!

After a week of no cooking or baking, I woke up this morning ready to make something! The only problem was I had nothing! I've been bedridden all week and really haven't been able to eat much of anything, so I had to get creative with whatever we had. I saw the bunch of bananas on the table, slowly turning brown and had the great idea to make these blondies!

I was surprised that they actually came out good on the first try! And I'm happy I have something to share since I have run out of recipes I hadn't posted. I was also surprised to find that I was given another award last night! Montana from Slab2626 shared with me the One Lovely Blog Award and I am extremely honored! Her site is definitely "one lovely blog" and I recommend checking it out! It is beautiful and very easy to navigate through, she also has quite the collection delicious recipes and pictures!

Bananas Foster Blondies
recipe by Sabrina W. for eat.drink.and be merry.
yields 18 blondies
for the blondies:
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
1 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
for the bananas foster:
2 to 3 ripe bananas, sliced lengthwise (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
1/4 cup butter
1 shot of dark spiced rum

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

First start on the blondies. Melt the butter and mix with sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix all the other dry ingredients together and add the wet mixture. In a greased 9x13in pan, evenly spread out mixture.

In a skillet on medium heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar and blend with butter. Add the bananas and sprinkle with cinnamon. Mix together and add the shot of rum. Stir and let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes. Mash the bananas with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes until it cools a bit and thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes. With a tablespoon, drop mixture evenly over blondie batter. With a knife, swirl bananas foster mixture into blondie batter the same way you would if you were making marble brownies. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. 




There are a few instructions that come along with this award: 

1. Accept the award. Post it on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link, and thank them. 
2. Pay it forward to 15 other bloggers, whose blogs you admire.

3. Contact those blog owners and let them know they've been chosen.




Thanks again Montana!

20 comments:

jsimoes said...

Very happy to see you are feeling so much better. These look and sound delicious!! Save me one. I think you're becoming a baker girl...and a great one at that. CONGRATS on both awards. You deserve them.
Love, Mom :)

ravienomnoms said...

Those look so good, I can only imagine how good they must taste!

Ana Rita said...

Loved your blondies.My daughter for sure will want me to do this...

Kisses,
Rita

Steph said...

Wow!! What an amazing little blondie you have here!

Duxa said...

Hi Sabrina, that looks so yuuumy :)))
marvelous!!!
Thank´s for my blog´s award.
I´am very happy and I will keep it will great care.
Cheers!!!

Pam said...

Glad you are feeling better! The blondies look and sound amazing. Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on to me.

The White Farmhouse said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! What a comeback from an illness! You really know how to make an entrance. These look wonderful. I am going to have to try these out on my group of monkeys, if they can leave the bananas alone long enough!

Sandra said...

I am happy that you are feeling better..your blondies look fantastic!

Congrats on the blog award..you totally deserve it, and thank you so much for including me with all those amazing bloggers...I am honored!

Carina said...

oooh - your blondies look yummy! I love finding new ideas on what to do with bananas!!

Mary said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Congratulations on your award. Thank you for including me in the list you've passed it on to. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Leslie said...

Sabrina..
Thank you so very much for the award! That is so very sweet of you!

Our Eyes Eat First said...

how unique! and congrats!

Lisa said...

Congrats on your award! Your blondies sound totally yum. These definitely beat banana bread hands down. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your blondies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-6.html

Brittany said...

These sounds really amazing!!

Wanted to invite you to share them at a weekly Seasonal Recipe themed event I host titled Seasonal Sundays! They fit the theme perfectly. (http://realsustenance.com)

Happy Sunday!
Brittany

Kim Kelly said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better!! We have had a rough go this week too... both kids are sick and my husband has been the sickest of all. He's also been the most "needy" of all as well!! ;) Luckily everyone is back on the road to recovery, though I'm thinking we are headed back to the doc tomorrow for my daughter for an antibiotic extension. ugh!!
In any case, thank you so much for thinking of me!! You are just the sweetest!! Congrats to you as well, this is the ideal award for you lovely blog!

Cooking with K said...

These look delicious...can't wait to make them. Blessings, K

The Pink Apron said...

Thank you so much for the blog award. I just added yours to the blogs I follow!

Cook in a Bar said...

Glad you are feeling better, and back to baking.

Thanks so much for the blog award. You are very kind!

briarrose said...

Glad you are on the mend. :)

Fabulous, decadent blondies. I love what you did with the bananas.

Amy said...

I'm hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March--the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? It doesn' have to be a new post on your blog. You can pick your favorite cookie from your previous post too. All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

Amy
http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie